Electrical appliance testing and tagging of all portable and non portable equipment with a flexible and detachable supply lead as per AS/NZS 3760:2010
A visual inspection is conducted and involves a comprehensive inspection of flexible supply cord, plug, appliance and socket. Covers and guards are checked to ensure they are attached, appliances are checked for rattles indicating the presence of small foreign objects that may interfere with the safety of the appliance, and Class II appliances are checked for deep engraving, which may impact on the insulation of the appliance.
The following electrical tests are carried out:
- Insulation Resistance
- Leakage Current Testing
- Earth Resistance
Test & Tag Requirements
You need to make sure your appliances are inspected and tested according to the relevant safety standard. We test equipment at intervals dictated by the AS/NZS 3012 standard for electrical installations (construction and demolition sites) and the AS/NZS 3760 standard for the in-service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
Test & tag frequency varies according to the type of environment and/or equipment.
- Demolition and construction environments (as per AS/NZS 3012):every 3 months
- Factories, workshops, places of manufacture, assembly, maintenance or fabrication:every 6 months
- Environment where the equipment or supply flexible cord is subject to flexing in normal use OR is open to abuse OR is in a hostile environment:every 12 months
- Environment where the equipment or supply cord is NOT subject to flexing in normal use and is NOT open to abuse and is NOT in a hostile environment:every 5 years
- Residential type areas: hotels, residential institutions, motels, boarding houses, halls, hostels accommodation houses etc.:every 2 years
- Equipment used for commercial cleaning:every 6 months
- Hire equipment: Inspection:prior to hire
- Hire equipment: Test and tag:every 3 months
- Repaired, serviced and second-hand equipment:After repair or service or on reintroduction to service
A full asset register of all appliances inspected is provided for your records, and a reminder will be sent to you when your equipment is due for retesting.